Cylenthia Mann is the director of BRIDGES at Pahokee. She’s worked for BRIDGES for more than six years. She loves making a difference in a community she grew up in.
When Cylenthia isn’t at work, she enjoys cooking and baking and spending time with her large family. She’s also deeply involved in organizations in Pahokee and beyond.
BRIDGES asked Cylenthia to tell us more about herself.
1) Why did you decide to work at BRIDGES?
I have the opportunity to work in the area where I was reared. I love being able to help and give back to the community.
2) What do you enjoy most about your job?
I enjoy seeing the difference made in families and children.
3) How are you making a difference in the lives of BRIDGES families?
For me, it’s working and interacting with our partners and families.
4) What do you hope families gain from attending BRIDGES activities?
My hope is families increase their empowerment and enhance the livelihood through connections made for the family, neighborhood, and community.
5) Tell us about yourself – where did you grow up?
I grew up in Palm Beach County and lived in the area for over 35 years, and moved to Lee County a few years ago.
6) Tell us something that we do not know about you?
I have one child, two brothers, and two sisters. I enjoy spending time with my family and have large gatherings.
7) What are your claims to fame?
I was voted as class representative of Leadership Glades and I’m a member of Rotary.