Being a part of a family, and helping others help themselves.
Those are among the reasons Rhonda Mack Rogers comes to work each day as executive director of Lake Worth West Resident Planning Group and as director of BRIDGES at Lake Worth West.
She’s been the head of the organizations since April 10, 2017. The kind-hearted, mother of two with a lot of work responsibilities sees her role as making sure her staff not only serve families but also inspire them to help others in the community.
1) Describe your job at BRIDGES.
- Responsible for oversight, direction and management of the Lake Worth West.
- Responsible for local community-based system development, marketing, operation, communication of the BRIDGES Program.
- Responsible for the implementation of program components including promotion of early childhood awareness.
- Provide guidance and expertise to staff and volunteers.
- Supervise staff to ensure needs of community are being met, through the BRIDGES Program and ParentChild+ Program.
- Oversee coordination of programs and services available to the community in youth development programs.
- Develop and coordinate strategic partnerships within Lake Worth West and surrounding areas.
- Ensure that family and community outreach, family and community engagement, and navigation of families to services, are being provided.
2) Why did you decide to work at BRIDGES?
- The loving environment and my desire to serve. BRIDGES has an excellent repetition and it’s a pleasure to be a part of the family.
3) What do you enjoy most about your job?
- Mentoring my staff and providing new and exciting programs.
4) How are you making a difference in the lives of BRIDGES families?
- Every day I feel a since of accomplishment and satisfaction by the smiles on their faces when they leave our office. My staff and I pride ourselves on being able to serve, meet the need or provide a resource to everyone who we meet daily.
5) What do you hope families gain from attending BRIDGES activities?
- Leadership skills and self-confidence. We don’t just want to help families, but we want to teach our families to help themselves and others in the community. And it’s working. We have several members who are currently serving as “Ambassadors” for the program.
6) Tell us about yourself –
Where did you grow up? Delray Beach, Florida
How long have you lived in Palm Beach County? All my life.
And what are your goals for the future? To continue to grow and share my knowledge with others.
7) Tell us something that we do not know about you?
Family – Single. Divorced. I have two adult sons, Trenton and Trevor Rogers.
Hobbies – Shopping and hanging out with like-minded women.
Claims to fame – A kind heart. Always willing to serve.